Dr. Della Valle is a native of New York and received his undergraduate and medical degrees from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. He completed his residency at the Hospital for Joint Diseases in New York City. During his residency he spent a full year devoted to clinical and basic science research in the field of adult reconstructive surgery. Dr. Della Valle completed a fellowship in adult reconstructive surgery at Rush University Medical Center and Central DuPage Hospital.
He is presently the Aaron G. Rosenberg Endowed Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery and Chief of the Section of Adult Reconstruction at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois.
Dr. Della Valle is a busy clinician who specializes in primary and revision total joint arthroplasty. A respected researcher, he has more than 180 peer reviewed publications on topics including unicompartmental, primary and revision total knee arthroplasty as well as total hip arthroplasty, hip resurfacing and revision total hip arthroplasty.
Dr Della Valle is a member of The Hip Society, The Knee Society and The International Hip Society. He currently President for the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, Member at Large for the Knee Society and Secretary of the Hip Society.
- Hip and knee replacement
- Partial patellofemoral arthroplasty
- Partial knee replacement
- Revision hip and knee surgery
- Robotic joint replacement
- Hip resurfacing
- Complex primary hip and knee replacement
Long-term outcome studies of total joint replacement
Diagnosis and treatment of perioprosthetic infection
Clinical Support Staff
- Natalia Perez (SEC)
- Courtney Cotto (SEC)
- Kim Chandler (RN)
- Jane Garcia (RN)
AAOS Introduces OA Knee AUC
Appropriate Use Criteria (AUC) for non-arthroplasty treatment of osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee is a web-based application tool that can assist physicians in determining appropriate treatment options for OA patients.
Education / Certifications
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, NY Orthopaedic Surgery
Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL Joint Replacement Surgery New York University-Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, NY: Orthopaedic Research
In The News
- Second opinions matter: Partial instead of full knee replacement
- Dr. Craig Della Valle Elected to Second Vice President of MAOA
- Dual Mobility Hip Implant: What Is It and Is It Right For You?
- Dr. Craig Della Valle Recognized by Arthritis Foundation
- Patient Completes Ironman after Knee Replacement
- MOR Surgeons Among Those Recommended by Their Peers
- Dr. Della Valle Part of the Surgeon Design Team for New 3D-printed Titanium Hip Implant
- Carl L. Nelson, M.D. Physician in Training Award Presented to Dr. Della Valle
- Dr. Craig Della Valle Recognized by the AAOS
Patient responses are scored and represented on a 1-to-5 star scale, where 5 stars is a perfect score.
Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush (MOR) is committed to better understanding what patients think of our care, to help us continually improve the quality of our care.
MOR patients receive surveys via email to complete after certain types of office visits. Our survey is administered by an independent third party, Universal Research Solutions, LLC. This data encompasses patient feedback for physicians from the past year (where available).
The response options for the questions, except where otherwise indicated, are: