February 27, 2020
Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush (MOR) welcomes the newest member to its joint replacement surgical team: Vasili Karas, MD, MS. He is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in rapid recovery hip and knee replacement and complex reconstruction surgery.
A Chicagoland native, Dr. Karas earned his medical degree at Rush Medical College in Chicago. He then completed his residency training at Duke University Medical Center followed by fellowship training in hip and knee replacement surgery at Rush University Medical Center.
His specialties include:
- Minimally invasive surgery, rapid recovery surgery, same day joint replacement
- Complex joint reconstruction, revision surgery, infection surgery
- Robotic assisted hip and knee replacement, computer navigation assisted hip and knee replacement
- Second opinion for existing painful total joints
- Non-operative and conservative treatment for hip and knee pain
Dr. Karas' approach to medicine involves fostering good patient communication and offering the latest advances in medical technology. He strives to get patients back on their feet safely and as quickly as possible using an individualized combination of physical therapy, joint injections and surgical procedures.
He has completed more than 40 peer reviewed publications and is a committee member of the American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS).